This is not yet another process improvement program. We are not suggesting you need a better framework, more consultant specialists or another training program.
Lean, 6 Sigma, TQM, BPM – they are all based on sound thinking and, done right, they can all have a major, transformative impact on an organisation and the way it profitably services its customers.
What we have found, however, is that there are times when you just need to get significant improvements in a process or set of processes in a short timeframe. You don’t want to disrupt, derail or devalue the investment in your transformation program, but you do need to get some results quickly.
- Perhaps the implementation of your business improvement program will take too long for immediate needs, or
- some of the initial momentum is being lost and some real wins are important to demonstrate genuine progress and build support amongst key stakeholders.
- Alternatively, there is a process that is broken and an urgent fix is needed, or
- you don’t have a major improvement program but you recognise the need to be addressing process improvement with some urgency.
Our Ultra-Rapid Process Improvement product is designed for just such applications.
- It really does produce results very fast. Typically a process is mapped in 1 day, analysis and improvements are identified in a matter of weeks, and changes are being implemented immediately thereafter.
- It is totally compatible with all the principles and practices of 6 Sigma, Lean and BPM, enhancing not challenging the approach.
- We have a simple tool kit that can easily and quickly be adopted with minimal training needs and applied repeatedly when and where necessary without resort to expensive, external consultants.
Click here for real examples of our maps - 1, 2, 3
- A major standards organisation overcame an 8 year deadlock on a key business process when a new improved process was designed and implemented within a few weeks. For the overall organisation their whole production process was mapped in one day, with productivity gains of 25% being identified immediately.
- An International Standards Organisation was able to map the entire end to end cycle of production in less than one day. Over a series of short Improvement Workshops, Quick Wins and substantial Improvement Projects have identified changes which amount to dramatic productivity gains, significant reductions in cycle time and improvements in quality.
- A national business organisation mapped its key production process within 4 hours, prompting one board member to comment, “For the first time I understand exactly how our process works.”
- One of Australia largest banks was able to rapidly map over 20 of its core financial control processes with 20 days. The workshops yielded major reductions in risk, huge productivity gains and tighter financial control.